One of our goals at the Copyright Alliance is to educate and inform the copyright community, policy makers and the public about copyright law. To accomplish this goal, we try to provide as much information about the copyright laws as feasible. On this section of the website you can find materials relating to the copyright law, including:
• the most recent version of the Copyright Act found in title 17 of the U.S. Code;
• the Copyright Regulations, found in title 37 of the Code of Federal Regulations;
• the Copyright Office’s Compendium, which is the administrative manual of the Register of Copyrights that provides instruction to Copyright Office staff regarding their statutory duties as well as guidance to copyright applicants, practitioners, scholars, the courts, and members of the general public regarding Copyright Office practices and principles of copyright law;
• copies of significant copyright court decisions, and where possible, for more recent and pending cases, we also provide copies of court documents filed by the parties and amicus briefs filed by interested parties;
• copyright legislation pending in Congress;
• reports relating to copyright that have been published by executive or legislative branch agencies;
• copyright-related hearings held by Congress; and
• international agreements related to copyright.
Creator Spotlight with Graphic Designer Dawn Mitchell( More )
join the alliance
Join the Copyright Alliance as an Independent Creator Member – it’s easy and it’s free!
Support H.R. 3945
Ask your Representative in Congress to Cosponsor H.R. 3945 – A Bill to Create a Small Claims Court