One of the goals that the Copyright Alliance focuses on is educating and informing the copyright community, policymakers and the public about U.S. copyright law. To accomplish this goal, we provide comprehensive information about federal copyright law, regulations and policies and its application. In this section of the website, you can find materials relating to federal copyright law, including:
- the most recent version of the Copyright Act found in title 17 of the U.S. Code;
- the Copyright Regulations, found in title 37 of the Code of Federal Regulations;
- the Copyright Office’s Compendium, which is the administrative manual of the Register of Copyrights that provides instruction to Copyright Office staff regarding their statutory duties as well as guidance to copyright applicants, practitioners, scholars, the courts, and members of the general public regarding Copyright Office practices and principles of copyright law;
- copies of significant copyright court decisions, and recent and pending cases. Where possible, for more recent cases, we also provide copies of court documents filed by the parties and amicus briefs filed by interested parties;
- copyright legislation pending in Congress;
- reports relating to copyright that have been published by executive or legislative branch agencies;
- copyright-related hearings held by Congress; and
- international agreements related to copyright.
Check out our latest copyright blogs and creator spotlights!
Join the Alliance
Join the Copyright Alliance as an Independent Creator Member – it’s easy and it’s free! join-the-alliance
Your donation helps to empower a world where creativity not only survives but thrives. Be part of the movement!