The following resources highlight the generous economic and career support programs, relief funds and donations being provided to independent creators (who are unable to work due to Coronavirus risks) by companies and organizations across the country — especially by our members. Recently, we initiated a Creator COVID-19 Survey to better understand the professional and economic conditions of our creator members and creators at large across the country. Using a tool called Survey Monkey, we received 649 responses across a span of 25 days, and the survey report is available here. (If you’d like us to highlight your organization’s initiatives, please the information to us via email.)
Help for Songwriters, Musicians and Others in the Music Industry:
- BMI Offers Career Advice for Songwriters.
- BMI Shares Tips for Co-Writing Songs When You Can’t Be in the Same Room.
- Recording Academy and Its MusicCares Foundation Establish COVID-19 Relief Fund to Assist Music Industry Creators.
- Music Companies Come Together to Ask Congress for Financial Relief During Coronavirus Crisis.
- GEMA in Germany Launches Emergency Coronavirus Fund for Songwriters Worth up to $43M.
- Equal Sound Invites Musicians Whose Incomes Have Been Impacted by Coronavirus to Apply to Its Relief Fund.
- The Blues Foundation Creates the COVID-19 Blues Musician Emergency Relief Fund to Assist Blues Musicians.
- SESAC Support Music Community During Coronavirus.
- ASCAP President and Chairman Shares Info with Members on Government Relief Response to Coronavirus via the CARES Act.
- ARA, A2IM, MAC, NMPA, NSAI, Recording Academy, RIAA, SONA and Other Partners Join Forces on Website Offering Guidance, Resources and More for Music Community During COVID-19.
- Apple Music Launches $50 million Advance Fund for Independent Labels Hit by COVID-19 Impact.
- Eleanor Lackman and Craig Bradley of MSK Explain COVID-19 Relief Available for Music Industry Workers.
- ASCAP, BMI and SESAC Create Songwriter-Focused Fund for MusiCares’ COVID-19 Relief Effort.
- U.S. Music Community Shares MusicCovidRelief.com to Help Music Professionals Access CARES Act Benefits.
Help for Photographers and Visual Artists:
- Foundation for Contemporary Arts Creates Fund for Artists Impacted by Coronavirus’ Economic Fallout.
- Adolph and Esther Gottlieb Emergency Grant Program Provides Interim Fnancial Assistance to Painters, Printmakers and Sculptors.
- NANPA Shares Resources Dashboard to Support Nature Photographers During COVID-19.
- ASMP Shares Advocacy, Business, Legal and Public Health Resources with Members.
- NPPA Shares Funding and Grant Options, Work from Home Resources, Mental Health and Safety Info and More.
- Graphic Artists Guild Shares Financial, Business and COVID-19 Resources.
- APA Shares Photo Industry Resource Guide to Assist During COVID-19.
- Rauschenberg Emergency Grants Offer One-Time Grants Up to 5K for Artists with Unexpected Medical Emergencies.
- ARS Highlights Images from Postponed Member Artist Exhibitions and Shares Resources to Support Arts Community.
- Busboys and Poets Restaurants Hires Artists to Paint Murals Amidst Coronavirus Uncertainty.
- “Anonymous Was a Woman” Initiates 250K in Emergency COVID-19 Grants for Female Artists Over 40.
- PPA Shares “Communicating with Your Clients in Times of National Emergency or Crisis.
- Women Arts Offers Emergency Funds for Artists of All Disciplines.
- Artist Relief Fund Offers Emergency Relief Grants to Artists Impacted by Coronavirus.
Help for Actors, Performers, Production and Crew Members in Movie and TV Industries:
- Netflix Creates $100 Million Coronavirus Relief Fund.
- SAG-AFTRA Foundation Creates COVID-19 Disaster Fund to Assist Members Impacted by Coronavirus.
- The Actors Fund Provides Coronavirus Precautions and Services.
- Will Rogers Pioneers Assistance Fund Initiates COVID-19 Emergency Fund.
- Directors Guild of America Shares Information on Payment Tracking, Health Plans and Employment.
- Motion Picture Industry and Health Fund Covers Coronavirus Test Fees for Members.
- IATSE National Benefits Funds Offer Health and Financial Resources to Members.
- Motion Picture Association CEO Charles Rivkin on Passage of Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
- Directors Guild of America Shares Coronavirus Resources with Members, Including Guidance on Unemployment Insurance, Accessing Government Assistance and More.
- Actors Fund Shares How to Apply for Emergency Financial Assistance Program.
- Sundance Institute Announces $1 Million Emergency Fund for Artists and Creative Organizations.
- Motion Picture Association and Member Companies Take Leading Role in Supporting Industry Through Direct Aid and Advocacy.
Help for Authors, Journalists and Others in the Publishing Industry:
- Authors Guild Shares Resources to Support Writers/Authors During Coronavirus.
- Writers Guild of America West Shares Info on Legal, Health, Employment Services (and More).
- Authors League Fund Assists Authors, Dramatists, Journalists, and Poets Who Experience Unexpected Hardship.
- American Society of Journalists and Authors Offers Writers Emergency Assistance Fund Grants.
- Carnegie Fund for Authors Awards Grants to Published Authors in Need of Emergency Financial Assistance.
- Dramatists Guild Foundation Relief Fund Offers Financial Support to Playwrights, Composers, Lyricists, and Book Writers.
Financial and Business Assistance for Small Businesses and Freelancers:
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Shares Info on How CARES Act Expands SBA’s EIDL Program to Assist Businesses, Renters and Homeowners in Coronavirus Disaster Regions.
- U.S. Department of Treasury Shares Assistance for Small Businesses. And the Paycheck Protection Application form can be found here.
- Freelancers Union Relief Fund Supports Freelance Creators Impacted by COVID-19.